Monday 9 April 2012

Arduino: the beginning


I bought myself an arduino a while back to have a go at learning some basic electronics. I bought the SparkFun Inventors Kit which came with a load of cool stuff and useful instructions, hints and tips for building the circuits. I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone looking to get into some experimentation with an arduino. The kit comes with most of the components you need to start out with and so saves you a lot of time going round to electronics shops trying to find bits and pieces. 

However, when I finished the set of circuits provided with the kit, a great place to buy more components for a good price is BitsBox (Assuming you're in the UK). It was very easy to browse their site picking 'one of those' and 'one of those' and ending up with a basket full of awesome stuff for less than £10. Their delivery was pretty quick too. In the few cases where I burnt out some components (which probably will happen if you're not too sure what you're doing) Maplin had a pretty good selection of components when you just can't wait for a delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment